Helping invent the future of commercial agriculture.
The future of food requires a different approach to commercial agriculture. By the year 2050, the world population is expected to be 9.7 billion, with two-thirds living in urban areas. It’s estimated that 80% of all food will be consumed by those living in cities by 2050.
Hydroponic growers are helping invent the future of commercial agriculture. Technaflora is providing them with one of the keys to business success – perfectly formulated plant nutrients and supplements.
The way we grow food today doesn’t jive with the future. Our ‘modern’ commercial agricultural system grows a lot of food, then packs and ships it across sometimes vast distances before storing and selling it to the end consumer. From start to finish, that requires a large number of resources to be deployed at every step. It’s exacerbating climate change with the transportation of food heavily reliant on fossil fuels.
We need to sustainably improve agricultural productivity to meet increasing demand. We need to find ways to produce more food but do it with far fewer resources.
Hydroponics is part of the solution – growing plants without soil by using nutrient-enriched water. Hydroponic farmers must have a firm understanding of how plants and nutrients interact and must monitor their solutions closely.
Our advanced family of plant nutrients and supplements are perfectly suited for hydroponic farming and can be used in nearly every type of application, including Nutrient Film Technique (NFT), Deep Water Culture (DWC), and Aeroponics.
Explore our entire lineup of Technaflora plant products.
- Hydroponically grown plants can mature up to 25% faster and produce up to 30% more yield
- Careful control of the nutrient solution and pH levels is vital to a successful hydroponic operation
- Technaflora’s family of plant nutrients and supplements are perfectly suited for hydroponic growing
- For more than 20 years, Techniflora products have been proudly manufactured in Canada
- Most of our products* are available in commercial sizes of 65 litres, 205 litres, and 1,000 litres,
with Rootech Cloning Gel in 4 and 20 litres, and Soluble Seaweed Extract in bulk starting at 20kg.
* pH Up and pH Down is available in 1 litre only.